Thursday, May 1, 2008

My own SVN branch! (and "svn merge")

Thanks to William, I have set up my own SVN branch now! Previous modifications also committed when starting the branch.

But unluckily since I did "svn cp" on my local working copy, but forgot "svn up" before it. So I have branched an older revision (r10394), and SWIG trunk's head revision is r10404 now!

So I tried to merge changes from trunk. I did:

$ svn merge -r 10394:10404 ../../trunk

But there are many annoying "Skipped Examples/python/shadow/some_file " lines, mostly occurred when "Examples/python/shadow" was deleted. After google, seems it means there are non version controlled files in these directory, so svn decide to keep them.

A dirty solution is:

$ rm -rf gsoc2008-bhy
$ svn co https://swig.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/swig/branches/gsoc2008-bhy

Then redo the merge, everything works well.

No comments: